Fashion from a highschooler's perspective. That is all.

Monday, November 05, 2007

I Approve

I'm never afraid to voice my opinion on various articles of clothing. For example, today my friend gleely told me about her recent legging purchase. "WHAT did you just do?" And I proceeded to pick leggings apart (not literally, but I totally would, but, oh nevermind), and I admit, a bit maliciously. No matter, they're used to it and she still remains a leggings lover (and LL of the highest order. You need two hands to make an L on your forehead).
However, there are some items that I highly approve of. And lately my approval has been stuck to these shoes:
Silver hightops make any outfit 95% more sensationelle! to use a French vocabulary word. (Little sidenote here: French has got to be the most useless class I have ever taken. We are now learning about describing food in words such as spectacular! baked to perfection! and drizzled with four kinds of cheese! As if I ever need to know. Honestly.) Ratty tshirts and jeans are suddenly 'best dressed list' worthy. LBDs and tights are make effortlessly low-key. And sneakers are much more comfortable than any pair of flats you can throw at me.

Good old moccasins. There were moccasin booties at the Museum of Civilation's giftshop in Ottawa, and I'm seriously regretting not getting any. Especially since they were $50 and these ones are $80+. There was also a pair of knitted boots at the Byward Market, that I also didn't get. Heaven frown on whatever being that prevented me from these footwear!

Hightops from Urban Outfitters, Moccasins from Aldo.

11 comments:

platinum blonde said...

Those silver shoes are cool.

I also have a serious problem with unnecessary leggings. But I think leggings with boots is fine so long as said boots go above end of leggings to give the allusion of tights. Leggings as pants=definitely not fine.

Maddy said...

Yeah, I kind of can't remember what comfortable shoes feel like. Maybe I'll invest in a pair of silver hightops to replace my silver pumps...

LML said...

haha LL also stands for lindsay lohan who is also a legging lover!

love those metallic sneakers - wish i could find an awesome pair :)

Emma said...

Gotta love that silver!

Isabel said...

Everyone seems to be into moccasins these days. I'm happy I bought my pair last Christmas!

Also, silver shoes are totally unexpected but very cool.

Haute Girl said...

cute sneaks

TenderGirl said...

The silver shoes are lovely!!
And...le silver est une des couleurs star de l'hiver!!!

Je link votre blog!! fabuleux!!

TenderGirl said...

The silver shoes are lovely!!
And...le silver est une des couleurs star de l'hiver!!!

Je link votre blog!! fabuleux!!

Stacey said...

I love the moccasins on the left. I have seen them in Aldo stores but I can't seem to locate them on their website. If someone finds a link please post it.

roxy B said...

love the silver sneakers..
http://www.twolia.com/music

San Antonio Personal injury lawyer said...

Those silver kicks are amazing. At least you can use french to describe awesome style and fashion!